Thursday, October 10, 2013

My Descriptive Essay!



Eddy Garcia
Mrs. Hamilton
English 3AP / 0
10 October 3013
Sitting In a Mass
            Sitting while a Sermon preaches is a very powerful experience. To feel the warmth of the sun being shined onto your face through the stained painted windows is a nice and home feeling I get just by being there. As the sermon preaches, you get a feeling of being revitalized and energized, while standing starts making you sick, from this morning’s breakfast. As you look around the room, you see and feel the adults whispering holy chants that have been passed from generation to generation. You can even smell the 5’o clock coffee drank this morning to wake them selves up. Some do look awake with their clean hair, shoes, and clothes. While others where sloppy, with their slurred speeches and words. Our family seemed to be the half awake and asleep ones, for both my parents where clean, while my little sister and I were wearing sweats and blue Levis©. People actually thought we were twins; we do not look the same! After a few minutes of this self repent we all sat back down. Then the preacher says a verse from the bible and tries to explain it to the best of his abilities. The sermon at the time was about Adam and Eve; and how all men were born good, but once we begin to age. We start to turn bad from the sinful pleasures that plague us during our day. This took about another 30 minutes or so. After, he made everyone stand up and keep their hands up to say and repeat a Holy Mary prayer with him.  Some people quiver while they raise their hands, as if God was in them and shaking them with forgiveness and love. All of the sudden, my mother hits me on the head and told me to pray. I do not. Why? I was never sure, but I always found it interesting to look at the different faces each time I attended a mass. As the sermon nearly ends, one must shake hands with everyone that is sitting near you and say “peace beith with youeth.” Each time I gave my hand out, it felt so odd. For you never knew the person and you might not see them again. It is even worse when you are shaking hands with a slob, whom you saw “striking for gold.” All these emotions always happen when I was at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment